---- Original Message ----
From: Larry
To: Harold Fuchs
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 2:53 PM
Subject: [users] Re: Finding Several Numbers in Calc (was Re: [users]
[moderated] YOU MUST GIVE A SUMMARY HERE)

> Hi Harold, and thanks for the info.  Unfortunately (what am I doing
> wrong here?) when I entered my search numbers:
> ^3$|^7$|^10$|^22$|^35$|^49$ according to your suggestion, the only
> result I get is it finds only the first number "3".
> Please assist, if you don't mind.
> Thanks
> Larry

Are the numbers displayed as integers on the screen? Trying to find "^7$" (no
quotes) if the actual value shown is 7.3 won't work; if you want to find seven
or seven point something the easiest way, although not the most concise, is to
find ^7$|^7\..*$   The second part of that, after the bar, is caret 7 backslash
dot dot asterisk dollar. Note the two dots - "\." means "an actual dot" and
".*" means "any number, including zero, of any character".

Are the numbers the results of formulae in the cells you are searching? If so,
the technique doesn't work and I'm afraid I don't know how to do what you want.
Anybody ???

Also, what version of OOo are you using and on what version of which Operating
System? It is conceivable that Regular Expressions are broken in some versions.

Harold Fuchs
London, England