June-Anne Hare wrote:
> I should like advice on this.
>
> My Norton agreement has expired but before that it became "aggressive"
> so I had to turn it off before receiving e-mails!!
>
> Does Open Office offer this service, or can you recommend one?
>
> June-Anne Hare
Virus scanning and elimination functions are not found in the
OpenOffice.org suite.  There are many companies that specialize in those
kinds of packages, Norton being only one of them.  My personal favorite
for many years is GriSoft, (http://grisoft.com) makers of AVGAntivirus.
One reason I like them is they have products for both MSWindows and
Linux.  GriSoft continues to offer a free version which is as effective
as their purchased product, it merely lacks some user options.
hth,
DougT