What if the employer is using windows only?  They probably won't
even know what a tarball is.

Dotan Cohen wrote:
On 10/01/07, James Knott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Peter Flynn wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> I am using version 2.0 of OpenOffice.org. My problem is  sending my
>> RESUME via emails -
>> the end user cannot open - what should I do?  Please  help.
>
> Save the document in PDF and send them the PDF file.
>
> Sending a resume as an editable document is not a good idea: it's too
> prone to accidental (or even malicious) modification.

Many companies ask for a resume in specific formats.  I've seen Word,
RTF and plain text.  If they specify a format, and you send other, it
may affect your chances of landing that position.

Send a tarball with plain text, html, pdf, odf, word, rtf, ps, and
even a png image of the resume. :)

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/xhtml.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/289/kansas.html