On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:48:56 -0800
NoOp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> dijo:

> Can you please explain the D&D that you are trying to do in more detail?
>
> For instance; I *can* D&D from a Gnome desktop start icon into OOo with
> no problems, but I've not tried to do this from any other applications.
> What are you trying to D&D? Could this perhaps be a Gnome problem rather
> than an OOo problem?

OK, let's suppose I had written your response above. And I want to
move "What are you trying to D&D?" from where it is in the middle of
the paragraph to the start of the paragraph. So I select the sentence
and drag it to the start of the paragraph.

That worked fine since forever in OOo (I started with Staroffice
5.-something), but it broke after upgrading from Dapper amd64 with 2.02
to Edgy amd64 with 2.04. I can select the sentence, but can't drag it
anywhere. In order to move it my only option is Cut and Paste.

I would heartily agree that it could be a Gnome problem, except that I
can still drag and drop just fine in AbiWord and several other
applications. Gnome might still be involved, however. Perhaps there is
a missing library or something -- a library that OOo needs but other
apps do not. I'm still scratching my head.