John Meyer wrote:
> Rodney Myers wrote:
>
>> have you read the mail list at all? When Vista was initially released,
>> there were more than enough duplicate whining about OO not functioning
>> the way they wanted.
>>
>> This along people whining about X11 not working on OS X.
>
> I've read more of it than you seem to give me credit for.
> In addition, I think your choice of the word "whining" to talk about
> people who are asking whether this product will work in their particular
> operating system is very indicative of your opinion of the everyday
> user.  If this is a common attitude among OpenOffice users, you don't
> need to worry about OpenOffice being a viable competitor to Microsoft
> Office.

Whining, as in, not taking the necessary time to scan the mail list or
archives for similar questions.

If a person cannot take a few minutes to research, and ask a question
that has been asked more than twice, then yes, it is whining.

From windows users, linux users, and OS X users. I did not mean to pick
out Vista users in particular. "WE ALL" (all OS users) are guilty of
whining.

--
Rodney D. Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Registered Linux User #96112