Rodney Myers wrote:

> Whining, as in, not taking the necessary time to scan the mail list or
> archives for similar questions.
>
> If a person cannot take a few minutes to research, and ask a question
> that has been asked more than twice, then yes, it is whining.

It appears that we have a disconnect.  Whining is demanding that
something be done for your particular benefit (i.e. "If you want me to
use OpenOffice you had better create an e-mail client").  What you are
describing may be bad researching and self-help, but it is not whining
if the person is not aware that those resources exist.