James Knott a écrit :
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Monday 09 April 2007, TerryJ wrote:
linuxmaillists wrote:
On Monday 09 April 2007, William Case wrote:
Hi;

I couldn't help noticing the number of queries there
are on this list from new users / potential users for
an integrated "Outlook -like" component.  I use OOo
plus evolution.  That seems to do everything.

What integrated extra am I missing by no longer using
my WindowsXP/MSOffice/Outlook?  What are the posters
looking for?

Just curious!
I agree.  I use Linux, OOo, Kontact (KDE).  I have not
been able to figure out what their problem is with OOo.
 Kontact functions nearly identical to Outlook AFAIR (I
have not used Outlook in 5 years).  My wife still uses
Outlook and it appears to be no different then it was
then.
IIRC, the part that's missing is a shared calendar of
events and appointments.
Now that I don't know because I never used that function at home when I was on Windows/Office/Outlook.

I only had one job where I had to use it with Outlook in the corporate world.

Though in one position I had to support it, I've pretty well avoided it
for my own use.  In my current position, my computer came with Outlook &
MS Office installed, but Outlook was only being used as a POP client.  I
soon installed OpenOffice and Seamonkey and don't use the MS apps at
all.  I also got a co-worker to switch.

OpenOffice.org + SeaMonkey is a great combination (office + internet suites). A shared calendar between those two apps would be great. As I heard, it's in the making by the name of "Lightning". It's currently a Thunderbird plug-in but future versions of OpenOffice.org and SeaMonkey (once rewritten to use the new toolkit) will support it.

It will be great!

Regards,
            Nomax.

--