2007/4/19, James Knott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Arleen wrote:
> Hi there!
>     I'm a rookie of computer user so thought I would email you guys before
downloading openoffice.
>     My daughter uses Powerpoint in school, would openoffice be just as useful
as powerpoint.  Can she transfer her work to powerpoint in school so the teacher
can read it.  Or do I have to buy the expensive powerpoint for my daughter to be
able to produce her work for school.  Hope this makes sense to you, ha.
> Arleen McCoy
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> (301) 582-4709

You can use OpenOffice to create PowerPoint presentations.  The
OpenOffice application she'd use is called "Impress".  Make sure she
saves or emails the files in PowerPoint format though, as MS
Applications don't understand ISO standard file formats.

Hello Arleen

One of the drawbacks (until now) of Impress vs. Powerpoint is that in
Impress you can link music only to a slide, not to a slideshow.
--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.2 RC 4 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger