2007/7/20, Al Balmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:21:22 -0600, John Meyer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Harold Fuchs wrote:
>> OpenOffice does not include a mail program any more than MS Office
>> does. There are several free mail programs available. Mozilla's
>> Thunderbird is among the best. Google for it. This message is being
>> sent with it.
>>

>I may be a little bit confused by that.  Isn't Outlook (not outlook
>express) a part of Office?

Yes, it's included in Office Standard, but not in Office Home and
Student.

--
Al Balmer
Sun City, AZ

To return to Mario Fonseca's original query, Thunderbird corresponds much
more closely to Outlook than it does to the superannuated and vastly
inferior Outlook Express. As a non-user of Outlook, I'm far from expert on
this matter, but from what others have written, it seems possible to closely
integrate Outlook with Microsoft Office, which type of integration is
requested by certain users. Is it possible, for those who so desire, to
integrate Thunderbird as closely with OOo as Outlook is to Microsoft Office
?...

Henri