I use Windows XP, my Open Office system is 1.1.2.  What I am trying to  do
is, without using automatic numbering, I want to  format a paragraph that is
indented .5, then typing number such as 1., and then  indenting another .5 and
keep all following lines aligned with the first typed  line, so that it looks
like this:

    1.    I do not want to use  automatic number, as the clients that I type
for do not like to use it as they  get
          confused.   But I want my paragraphs to look like this one.

Please help with this!!!  It is driving us crazy.  We can do this  with the
automatic numbering, but not without using the auto numbering.   Help!!

Shari L. Yawn
Independent Contractor

[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(910)  717-6151