[snip]
ok, that works, C. Thank you.

However, the quality is very bad: dithered black and white only. I
should find something different or enhance the preview. Otherwise people
will prefer jpg or tif regardless how printing quality suffers.

I did a little experimenting here... try opening the original EPS file and just saving it again with a new with The Gimp... then re-import it to your document.

When I checked the Preview checkbox I got a dithered image (that you mentioned) on my test image when it was imported. When I left the check box unchecked, and then imported the EPS, it showed up nicely (full color, no dithering). Note, this may be due to the fact I am using Solaris at the moment for my testing (GhostScript is installed here, and that may be handling showing the image on an EPS without an embedded preview).

Anyone else care to chime in here?

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany