Thanks everyone for your replies.  Sorry for the lag in responding..

On 9/1/07, Joe Conner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It sounds to me as if it is past time that a database replaced that
> Excel spreadsheet.!! :-)

Okay, but that is a systemic change that I am not going to be able to
implement in the next 72 hours, which is when the teacher needs the
solution.  Or is it possible to make that change?  The problem is that the
school has standardized on a spreadsheet.  Getting the whole school to move
to a database would take some work.  I am definitely open to suggestions.
Again, thanks for the suggestions!