hi

On 9/1/07, Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there a chance that the slowness is a conversion from Excel to OO
> scalc format each time the document is opened?

This is worth testing, although it still poses a problem:  All the educators
need to use the same file format (now we see the importance of ODF).  But
this school's educators is over-worked and under-paid and they are very
impatient as a result.  (please see my earlier email for details).

What happens if you
> open the spreadsheet (slowly) and then save it as a native Open Office
> document? How fast does it open the new copy?

I will test this tomorrow and report back to this list.  Thanks for this
suggestion.

Good luck with what you are trying to do. It's exciting and I'm sure
> everyone here would love to see you be successful.

yeah, thanks very much.  Community is what makes FOSS so much fun!