On 09/30/2007 06:10 PM, Dennis Bolay wrote:
> I am using version 2.3.0 of OpenOffice.org. My problem is :
>
> Within approximately 10 minutes of opening a new Calc spreadsheet, Calc
> causes my computer's CPU to max out at 100%, freezes Calc operations,
> and displays Not Responding.
>
> I can open Windows Task Manager and view the activity.  No other
> programs other than Windows Task Manager are running.
>
> I am using OpenOffice 2.3.0 on a Toshiba 1905-S301 laptop.  RAM is 256.
>   Hard drive is 30 GB.  OS is Windows XP.  No other OS exists on the
> hard drive.

I have an 8535 line / 6 column calc spreadsheet open (that started out
as an MS xls) and I'm showing (via task manager):

- idle = 0-2% cpu
- mouse wheel scrolling as fast as I can = 30-41% cpu
- 600 line sum calculation = 6%cpu

This is on a 2.4Ghz 256Mb WindowsXPPro system using OOo 2.3.

Note: this spreadsheet has no macros. If your spreadsheet has macros in
it perhaps that is the problem?

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only.