Joseph wrote:

Strange but I am always doing this and it just works!
On Page 1 insert>footer>default - this gets a footer in all pages
Click in footer - insert>fields>pagenumber - this puts a page number in
the footer starting from 1 and incrementing for each page.

Regards, Joe
Durn, Joe, that just doesn't work for me. When I do exactly that, I get a page number on the first page only, empty footer fields after that. Reinstalling Oo doesn't help. Wonder what's goin' on.

-- Doug M.