On 10/17/2007 09:55 AM, jonathon wrote:
> Scott wrote:
>
>> How long does it typically take for a bug report to get "Confirmed?"
>
> However long it takes to get 5 votes.  For some issues that can be a
> couple of days.  For other that will never happen.

Hmmm..

http://www.openoffice.org/scdocs/ddIssues_EnterModify#vote

<quote>
Vote for this issue
    The Issue Tracker's "voting" feature allows project members to have
a certain number of votes in their project to use toward issues. Project
owners set the number of votes allowed per issue, as well as the number
of votes allowed per member. Some projects/components may not allow any,
which means you can't vote on those issues at all. Your vote indicates
which issues you believe are the most important to be addressed.
</quote>

I've just voted for the issue & it shows that *I* am allowed 5 votes:

Installation    82446   After Installation, only "OK" Appears
Total   1 vote(s) used out of 5 allowed.

but I can't seem to find anything that say it takes 5 votes to get the
developers attention or to mark as confirmed.

Clicking on "Status" brings up this page:

http://www.openoffice.org/scdocs/issue_lifecycle.html

>>This was input a week ago, and it doesn't appear that a developer has
> even looked at it yet:
>
> There are issues that were filed  four years ago that have never been
> looked at by a developer, let alone confirmed.

Scott: My recommendation would be to take it to the developers list &
see if you can get some action there. IMHO this is a critical bug/issue
as it prevents operation of the OOo program in general.