On Wednesday 17 October 2007 09:29:49 Jim Smith wrote:
> When I have previously tried OpenOffie, it would not correctly
> format Word documents, particularly if there were graphics in the
> document. This would mean I would have to completely adjust
> everything within the document.  Then it would not be formatted
> correctly if it were to be opened by Word.
>
> Has this error been corrected in version 2.3?  Until it has been
> fixed, I cannot use OpenOffice nor recommend it to others.
>
> Thank you,
>
> James Smith
> João Pessoa, Brazil

The problem is not with OpenOffice.org but it is with Microsoft
Office. OpenOffice.org has the only OASIS, ISO and IEC approved
Open Standard Format. Microsoft refuses to use the standard that
has been approved by OASIS, ISO and IEC. The Microsoft format was
rejected by the same groups.

So my question to you is why would you want to use or recommend to
any one an Office package that does not use internationally
accepted and adopted standards?

You are basically using the wrong standard for comparing other tools
that do similar work.

If you want to use Microsoft Office, you should be asking on their
mail list, news groups or web forums, when are they going to
correct the error in their package?

--
http://24.197.142.167/~jack/openofficefaq.php Read the
OpenOffice.org FAQ