On 17/10/2007, Jim Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When I have previously tried OpenOffie, it would not correctly format
> Word documents, particularly if there were graphics in the document.
> This would mean I would have to completely adjust everything within
> the document.  Then it would not be formatted correctly if it were to
> be opened by Word.
>
> Has this error been corrected in version 2.3?  Until it has been
> fixed, I cannot use OpenOffice nor recommend it to others.
>
> Thank you,
>
> James Smith
> João Pessoa, Brazil

What you are describing is typical of Word documents. This happens
when opening Word documents in different versions (2007 vs 2003, for
instance) of MS Office. That's precisely the reason that we abandoned
MS Office in the first place. I recommend that you ask the same
question on the MS Office mailing list.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il