On Thursday 18 October 2007 03:00:40 HLM wrote:
> Hi...I have a serious problem with one page in a file I'm using
> OpenOffice for. I am typing a thesis document, and have several
> quotes in which I change from my double spaced font to single,
> and indent the left and right margins. So far, I am having
> trouble with one paragraph only, and I'm not sure why that is.
> When I try to change the spacing to single, it single spaces two
> or three paragraphs above and below the area that I highlight
> with my mouse (to change spacing). I cannot hit the tab button on
> a preceeding paragraph without it "tabbing" the entire next two
> pages, and I am unable to change this by going to the "paragraph"
> tab under "format". I am also unable to enter text above or below
> the selection that is giving me trouble without it "doing the
> same thing".
>
> Are there any settings that I am missing in regards to this? I've
> checked everything under tabs, paragraph, etc., and everything
> seems ok. I may be hysterically blind though.
>
> Any help is appreciated...and I apologize if my query seems
> illogical...it's 2am and I'm so tired.
>

> thank you
> heather

One thing I see. You said it was 2 am but the time stamp on the
e-mail shows it was 3 am. Your clock on your computer is not set
correctly. You could have the time set wrong and/or the daylight
saving turned on or off.

Did you figure out what if anything you were doing wrong to cause
your late night grief?

--
http://24.197.142.167/~jack/openofficefaq.php Read the
OpenOffice.org FAQ