I had OOo 2.0 on my old Windows 98 (first edition, NOT the SE version)
PC which is a 450 MHz 320 MB Dell Dimension XPS R450. It worked but it
was INCREDIBLY slow. Most of the time working with it was waiting for
the damned thing to get the work done. It mad me really mad and
finally I uninstalled it and reinstalled 1.1.5, which is slow too but
still a lot faster than 2.0.

Your PC seems to be even older than mine since you said that you don't
even have a CD drive in it, so I wouldn't even think of 2.x if I was
you.

By the way, owning such an antique computer, don't you think it's time
to buy a newer one? You can probably get a used one that is very much
faster than yours, without digging too deep in your wallet.

And when you bought a new PC, why not installing Linux on it instead
of the very outdated Windows 98? Only a suggestion... I did it and I
am very happy with it, but on the other hand, you are not me...

Johnny Rosenberg