[CC:d to user]

Sanna Törmäkangas wrote:
> I´m sorry to bother you with my problem.
>
> But for few months I have not managed to save files in Microsoft
> office file format. I have followed the guide, but still something
> goes wrong. Even thoug I do go step by step : first I select save as,
> then I type the name of the file and before saving the file I choose
> file type. BUT here´s the problem. NO matter witch file type I try to
> save my files, they appear open office.org. So it makes my work very
> hard.. I´ve been trying to make it work, but I am affraid I do not
> have skills to solve this problem...

What do you mean "they appear open office.org"? Are you talking about how it
looks in the Windows (I presume) file manager? If so, then that's probably
because your Windows has associated .doc files with OpenOffice.org software.
If you saved a word processor file as the type .doc (from the drop down
selector), and if it was saved with the name .doc, then it's format will be
the Microsoft format.

What are you actually trying to achieve by saving them as Microsoft format
files? Are you doing that so that you can send them to people who do not
have OOo? If so, have you tried sending them a file? And can they then read
the file?

--
Bob Long

personally.