----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Lewis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 4:09 PM
Subject: [users] Re: OO Math Symbol

Andy Lewis wrote:
Mike Lichtenstein wrote:
Hello,

This is my first time writing to the group.

I recently used, and convinced my Calculus group, to use OO Math in order to input a Calculus II project for a presentation. We ran into a problem when we could not find a symbol for “Evaluated from a to b”, such as the small attached image (I hope that is allowed), or something similar to this:

 f(x)|

We ended up just creating it in a graphics program and creating jpgs from the OO Math file, which does not seem like the correct way to do this at all.

I have never used OO Math, but I was wondering, could you use a
Math symbol Font to do the job?  I have seen fonts that have the many
math-type symbols included as special characters.

If it is just for presentation, then a math font may do the trick?