From: Thomas Lange - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 2:00 AM
To: users@openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [users] Re: OO Math Symbol

Hi all,

>>> I recently used, and convinced my Calculus group, to use OO Math in
>>> order to input a Calculus II project for a presentation.  We ran
into
>>> a problem when we could not find a symbol for "Evaluated from a to
b",
>>> such as the small attached image (I hope that is allowed), or
>>> something similar to this:
>>>
>>      |b
>>  f(x)|
>>      |a

Provided that you don't really want the right line to be as big as in
the ASCII display above I would suggest this:

left none f(x) right rline ^a_b newline

If you like to have the right line longer you could try one of these

left none f(x) size *2 phantom {} right rline ^a_b newline
f(x) {size *2 \rline} ^a_b newline

And if you badly like to have that right line centered and not aligned
at the baseline you can use

left none stack{ {} # f(x)# {} } right rline ^a_b

Have a nice day,
Thomas