On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:55:21 -0500, Joe Smith wrote:

> Ok, that means that the font is not known to fontconfig.
>
> Maybe you installed (or tried to install) the fonts using the OOo
> spadmin tool?

  Yes, indeed!

> You can try to track down where the font file is now:
> $ locate bradley Papyrus

 locate bradley
locate: unexpected EOF reading `/var/lib/mlocate/mlocate.db'
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ locate bradley Papyrus
locate: unexpected EOF reading `/var/lib/mlocate/mlocate.db'

> and, if you find it, either move it to a directory managed by
> fontconfig, or re-install it using spadmin.

  Already installed it via Spadmin.

  By the way, I had exectly the same Writer/font problem on my
laptop (64-bit), and that was cleared (as on this desktop) by
un-installing 2.2.1 and installing 2.3.1 from the openoffice
site...

--
/\/\aurice