A.Muller wrote:
Hello everybody !
I've been monitoring this mailing list for a couple of months and received answers to my questions about OO. Thanks to the benefactors. My experience with OO goes back to 2005 and I'm very satisfied with it. Now I would like to cross the Rubicon and eliminate, gradually, XP from my machine. I've read many posts relating this or that bug/difficulty of OO with some specific distributions of Linux. In your experience, which one would be the best to start with among the different distros : Mandriva, Ubuntu, Suse, Debian or whatever ? Thank you for your advice. A.Muller

Hi,

I'd probably recommend going with Ubuntu for now. It is the most popular, probably has the widest support community and is quite user friendly.

I wrote of my own experience "going redmond free" here: http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2007/05/17/going-redmond-free/

There are lots of places on line to get advice - the Ubuntu community forums for a start.

Best regards

Alan

--
The way out is open!