A.Muller wrote:
> Hello everybody !
> I've been monitoring this mailing list for a couple of months and
> received answers to my questions about OO. Thanks to the benefactors.
> My experience with OO goes back to 2005 and I'm very satisfied with
> it. Now I would like to cross the Rubicon and eliminate, gradually, XP
> from my machine. I've read many posts relating this or that
> bug/difficulty of OO with some specific distributions of Linux. In
> your experience, which one would be the best to start with among the
> different distros : Mandriva, Ubuntu, Suse, Debian or whatever ? Thank
> you for your advice. A.Muller

Well, in my experience its OpenSuse.  But that's the great thing about
experience: it's subjective and based on one's own personal preference.
A lot of people here will promote Ubuntu.  But the best thing is that
since they're free you can experiment.  Download one or two and see
which one fits you.