On Tuesday 26 February 2008 14:07:42 Mary York wrote:
> I am a novice and trying to download Writer from your OpenOffice.org and
> evidently am doing something wrong. Could you please help me with
> instructions on how to do this.  I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks

1) Click this link: http://download.openoffice.org/2.3.1/index.html.
2) Click in the top green box labeled "Get OpenOffice.org".
3) If you are using Windows (versions 98 through Vista except for NT), click
the Windows link the top green box.
4) On the page which gives you the opportunity to donate funds, do so if you
will as it is not mandatory. Click the green "continue to download" box near
the bottom of this page.
5) The program will then download to where you save your downloaded files. It
may well be your desktop.
6) Find where you downloaded it, and double click its icon. This will create a
folder on your desktop with the installation files. Then It should begin the
actual installation process.
7) When the installation finishes, there will be an OpenOfficer.org folder
with the shortcut icons for all the OOo applications in you Start Menu under
programs (or all programs).
8) Browse to the Writer icon in that folder, and click it to start Writer.

Dan