On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:07:42 -0800
Mary York wrote:

> I am a novice and trying to download Writer from your OpenOffice.org
> and evidently am doing something wrong. Could you please help me with
> instructions on how to do this.  I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks

Try the following instructions:
http://download.openoffice.org/common/instructions.html

If you still have dificulty please advise at which step this is.

Also note that downloading OpenOffice.org will take several hours on a
dialup phone connection due to its size.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416