> [snip]

But since I have lots of daily data to input the macro makes more sense.
> Any good tutorials you know of for that?

Hello Wade,

I started to learn macros programming using the free document from Andrew
Pitonyak www.pitonyak.org but then I decided to buy the book he wrote and I
think this was a very wise choice. Unlike the free document the book has a
clean structure and you really get to understand what you are doing.

If you plan to write only this macro (examine the contents of a cell and
change the background property), then the free document and a couple of
searches on the OOoForums is all you need.

Cheers,

Michele