On Tuesday 04 March 2008 07:22, Jennifer Rickards wrote:
> Pictures/images copied and pasted into documents should always be
> embedded. So I cannot explain why that did not work for you.

When my grandaughter used Impress for a presentation for school, and copied
and pasted the pictures she wanted, about a third of them ended up linked.
Fortunately we discovered this before she sent it to her teacher and we were
able to remedy it.

She has continued to use "copy and paste" rather than "insert" [she's
13 :-( ], and has continued to need to check for linking/embedding because
around a third of pictures continue to be linked.

Lisi