2008/3/4, Susan Jurenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> That answers my question that Open Office does not have a media player.

You didn't ask if OpenOffice.org have a media player. You wrote this:
"I am told that I cannot download the latest version of windows media player
and am looking for a free media player for my computer if there is one
available.  Please direct me."

You said nothing about OpenOffice.org at all. Maybe that's the reason why
someone said that your question was not about OpenOffice.org.

However, if you have a media player installed, you can play media in
OpenOffice.org. At least I think so; I never tried it myself.

A minute later:
Now I actually tried it... I opened OpenOffice.org, then clicked Tools →
Media Player. Then I clicked the Open button and looked for an 24-bit wav
file, and it actually played it (Windows Media player can't play those, at
least not in XP when I had Windows almost a year ago, 32-bit wav would play
but not 24-bit wav)! However, I am not sure if this is a built in Media
Player or if OpenOffice.org use one of my installed ones and in that case,
which one, because it doesn't look like any of those I have installed...

So forget what I wrote above for a while until someone can tell us the truth
about this. Is the Tools → Media Player actually a built in Media Player? In
that case, what formats does it not accept?

J.R.