Not sure what this is all about really but the OO media player works fine for me on WinXP with 2.3.1 in every audio or video format I threw at it

Neil

Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
2008/3/8, Scott Castaline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
2008/3/8, Scott Castaline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Not just a deb thing either. Non distro RPM based 2.3.1 has it as well.
Haven't found a file type that it can deal with yet.

I tried a few formats. All audio formats I tried worked, which was flac,
wav
(24-bit, I am sure 16-bit works as well), ogg and I even tried mp3. When
it
comes to video, I had problems with some mpg-files and some avi-files.
Some
played and some didn't. I didn't try wmv or wma, but maybe those works
too.
J.R.

I've tried both wav and flac files and both come back file format not
supported as well as avi for video. I've tried changing the file filter
in the open dialog and it'll see the appropriate files but can't do
anything with them.

Strange. But again, we don't have the same version. I have the 2.3.0Ubuntu
version. Strange anyway.

J.R.