John Jason Jordan wrote the following on 3/27/2008 8:22 PM:
Thanks for the quick reply. At least I know I'm not going crazy.

So the next question is, who should we blame? Did MS change the code
for XP so that OOo wouldn't work? Or is it our fault? And has a bug
report been filed

John,

Well, maybe you aren't going crazy but I think I just might be. After I wrote you I discovered that if I use ALT + 3 digit (hex) code, I get the old dos character set symbols. However, if I use ALT + 4 digit (hex) code (0+whatever), I get the correct characters.

--
Jack