magdalena tosteson wrote:
i was responding to the lengthy questionnaire but i am paying for the use of the project. it was NOT a freebie.... AND i got open office thinking that i could IMPORT pdf files which has not been the case so far. if this is not a feature of the software, i have wasted my hard earned dollars!!!!!!

I don't know where you got OpenOffice from, but it's a free download from www.openoffice.org. There are many vendors who will charge you for it. As for PDFs, OpenOffice can create, but not import or edit them.