Got it.
Thanks, James

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Knott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 2:18 PM
Subject: Re: [users] [moderated]

Dan Rogers wrote:
Hi,
I've downloaded and installed application w/o problem. But I cannot figure out how to actually open & run a program. When I click on folder icon, I'm confronted with a plethora of more icons; no matter which I choose, the next window instructs me to 'extract' the file. What does that do? I just want to open a program (especally Calc) and check it out.

Any advice or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

-Dan

If the installation sucessfully completed, there should be an OpenOffice folder & icons in the Start menu.