Karen Mann wrote:
I am not at all familiar with Open Office. I would like to be, so…

Can you download and use OO with Office 2003 loaded without screwing up either
one?

I have another machine without MS Office on it and I would like to install the
OO on it.

Will the download allow me to save the file so I can install later?

I don’t want to ask a million questions so is there a url where I can find out
more?

You can have both OpenOffice and Microsoft Office on the same computer, as I do at work. The only thing you have to consider is whether you want OpenOffice or Microsoft Office to be the default application for Microsoft Office files. There will be a screen, during installation, where you can make your selection. You can also change that later.

You can save the OpenOffice file on a CD, flash drive or network drive, so that you can install it on as many computers as you wish. You can even pass it on to others. Just remember where you downloaded the file to, so you can copy it to wherever you wish.