Dear Sirs,
I  have been using Openofffice.org writer for about an year or so.

I also have the Openoffice.org (ver 2.4).

For the last two decades or so, I have been using various text editors
available in the field (for both programming and letter writing).

However, I find that  Microsoft Office Word has the following unique feature-
which is not available in any other document writer incuding Openoffice.org.

I do not mean to hurt or insult anybody. I only want to point out the lacunae
in other document writers).

Well. For students of medical transcription and legal coding, MS Office Word
has a special feature called Window.  (This option is available under “File
Edit View... etc., - when you open the text editor  for document writing).
Using this module and other options contained in it, we can compare the
original document associated with a voice file in 'side by side', 'split' and
'cascading' modes (original document and the copy created by the user - one
below the other) – while listening to the associated voice file.

After all, only on comparing, can we find out the mistakes we make when we
listen to the voice file and key in words and sentences  – which is essential
to get accustomed to  the accent (American, Australian,  British,etc.).

Students of medical transcription and legal coding badly need this feature.

Hence, we are forced to buy either the pirated version of Microsoft Office
(which is quite risky when you use internet for browsing) or spend heavily for
buying original licensed version  (which is quite high in India). There is also
this threat of buying a duplicate version presented as the original version.

How nice it would be if only  Openoffice.org writer had this “window” feature
also (as described above).

Is it possible to incorporate this feature also in the next version of
Openoffice.org Writer? If so, please let me know about it.

If that can be done, many students of medical transcription (like me) will be
very happy!

Thanks.
Yours sincerely,
Ram Kumar.