In a message dated 2008.05.07 04:43 -0500, mike scott wrote:

I've looked. And looked. Not in Help. Not in the Calc FAQ at openoffice.org. Searched openoffice.org, and found one *unanswered* question to this effect: How to set spreadsheet default values, like default column width? Can this really be so esoteric?

One idea that springs to mind is to set things up as you want, and save as a template file. I've not tried it though.

With respect, Mike, if one wants to change, say, the default column width for the current spreadsheet - a simple formatting task in any other spreadsheet manager I've used - does that really make any sense?

John