2008/5/12 mike scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> But you could ask the same for any attribute - eg colour: "I've set a
> few cells here and there in my 100,000 cell spreadsheet to bright red
> - I'd like to set the rest to green". I can't see a general way of
> handling this type of problem - and is it reasonable anyway?

I think that it is reasonable for an application as developed as
OpenOffice.org is to have user-defined default behaviour. I would not
expect that of Abiword or GNUcash, but well-developed applications
such as OOo and KOffice should let the user define default behaviour
for any attribute not specifically set in the file.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.