On 7 May 2008 at 11:16, John Kaufmann wrote:

> In a message dated 2008.05.07 04:43 -0500, mike scott wrote:
>
> >> I've looked. And looked. Not in Help. Not in the Calc FAQ at
> >> openoffice.org.
> >> Searched openoffice.org, and found one *unanswered* question to this
> >> effect: How to set spreadsheet default values, like default column width?
> >> Can this really be so esoteric?
> >
> > One idea that springs to mind is to set things up as you want, and
> > save as a template file.    I've not tried it though.
>
> With respect, Mike, if one wants to change, say, the default column width
> for the current spreadsheet - a simple formatting task in any other
> spreadsheet manager I've used - does that really make any sense?

I've obviously misunderstood your question; sorry.

I thought you were asking how, when creating a new spreadsheet,
particular standard settings could be applied - I still think a
template is appropriate for this.

Are you actually asking, for example, how do I set all column widths
to XXX for /this/ spreadsheet, and format all numbers with 2dp
precision? If so, I think it's a case of selecting the whole
spreadsheet and applying the settings you want - although that's
obviously  /very/ gross when there's a mix of data types (eg a date
formatted as a floating point number is not good!), it works for
column widths and rows heights.

Otherwise I'm out of my depth..... sorry again!

--
Permission for this mail to be processed by any third party in
connection