http://government.zdnet.com/?p=3832

Here is another article.  I say this one first.  It talked
like PC World scooped MS's anouncement.

I had loaded FireFox with all of the MS/ODF articles
listed on this list and will be reading them.

MS is planning something.  That is the only reason for
them to say they will support ODF, since they have
pushed their format so hard as the only real choice
for a ISO standard.

Something is up.  Maybe they figured out a way to
make ODF look bad in some way, like other have said.

I think they have a plan for their next office suite
that would cause trouble.  Maybe make a big show
of trying to comply with ODF but publically state
that they cannot get it to work correctly, or somehow
start talking about how the "old" version of the ISO
ODF is not keeping up with the newest things on the market and technology needs to offer.

I am just thinking out loud, but MS must have something in mind that would profit them and to make other look bad. That is the only reason
they would spend the money on this project.