On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:38:49 +0100
Gordon wrote:

> "Wade Smart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Tony Venn wrote:
> >> I work on  MAC with OSX, and I have a full commercial working
> >version of > the Office programs. People keep sending CVs and
> >documents to me in DOCX > format - how do i open or convert these
> >into normal word documents?
> >
> >> Tony Venn | Account Manager
> >
> > 20080610 0620 GMT-6
> >
> > You cant.
>
> Actually, you can. There are several versions of Open Office available
> that will open the new Office 2007 documents - one being OxygenOffice,
> available here:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooop and in addition, the new Beta 3
> of OO will also open Office 2007 documents....

The OP asked for a solution on Mac OS X. The link you gave refers to
various OS's but Mac OS X is not listed.

If you *have* actually opened a .DOCX format file on Mac OS X then
please explain exactly how you did it.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416