NoOp wrote:
On 06/10/2008 04:39 AM, James Knott wrote:
Tony Venn wrote:
I work on MAC with OSX, and I have a full commercial working version of the Office programs. People keep sending CVs and documents to me in DOCX format - how do i open or convert these into normal word documents?

At the moment you can't. Ask the applicants to send in ODF or, if necessary, .DOC format. Tell them .DOCX is not acceptable.
If they want the job, they'll comply.

I was going to reply with:

====
Version 3.0 Beta will open docx files. You can download from here:

If you go back and reread my message, it said to request ODF files first and then .DOC as secondary. The idea is to get people to stop thinking Microsoft formats are the only way to go. Simply reject anything that comes as .DOCX with a note explaining what's required and perhaps links to the OpenOffice site & Sun ODF plugin.