On Jul 15, 2008, at 3:28 PM, James Knott wrote:

The Morses wrote:
Fred A. Miller wrote:
Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:

I've lived without MS Office since StarOffice 5.2

So did I, but it was the first version of SO for OS/2....what ever that version was. 'Course, my first was Perfect Writer and WordStar. ;)

Fred

Me, on OS/2 using StarOffice 3.1 back in '95.

I also has Star Office for OS/2, but I mainly used Describe.

That was my situation, until OS/2 became effectively unusable for a home computer. I've used OOo for years, now. Recently I've moved to Mac, and I'm using all of OOo 2.4.1, OOo 3.0 beta, and iWork 2008, which does some things better, and some things not as well.

--
John W Kennedy
"There are those who argue that everything breaks even in this old dump of a world of ours. I suppose these ginks who argue that way hold that because the rich man gets ice in the summer and the poor man gets it in the winter things are breaking even for both. Maybe so, but I'll swear I can't see it that way."