John W Kennedy wrote:
On Jul 15, 2008, at 3:28 PM, James Knott wrote:

The Morses wrote:
Fred A. Miller wrote:
Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:

I've lived without MS Office since StarOffice 5.2

So did I, but it was the first version of SO for OS/2....what ever that version was. 'Course, my first was Perfect Writer and WordStar. ;)

Fred

Me, on OS/2 using StarOffice 3.1 back in '95.

I also has Star Office for OS/2, but I mainly used Describe.

That was my situation, until OS/2 became effectively unusable for a home computer. I've used OOo for years, now. Recently I've moved to Mac, and I'm using all of OOo 2.4.1, OOo 3.0 beta, and iWork 2008, which does some things better, and some things not as well.

I think I might even still have a SO 5.2 installation file on a CD somewhere.

--
http://www.ameliorations.us

Subsiste Sermonem Statim