On 07/16/2008 04:24 PM, Harold Fuchs wrote:
> On 15/07/2008 16:49, Shay Owens wrote:
>> I want a customer support telephone #.
>>
>> Shay Owens
>>
> This *free* support group is run by users of OpenOffice.org software
> who volunteer time to help others. There is no customer support
> telephone number, even if you had said "please".
>
> If you would like help, send an e-mail to the list (*not* to me
> personally) giving details of your Operating System, the version of
> OpenOffice.org software you are using and the problem you are
> experiencing, particularly specifying the exact text of any error
> messages you are getting.

>From his/her previous:
> I am new to Open Office & I am registered. My registration is
> sharonslagleowens. I cannot install my printer & I am very upset
> about that. This system is going to be useless to me unless you are
> going to help & I will stop payment on my credit card unless I get
> support.
>
> I have a Mac 0S X. The directions you have on your help do not have
> the same options that I need to install my printer. Time is of the
> essence. Please respond to me so that I can properly change my
> default printer immediately, as I have already written a letter I
> want to go out.

Can someone on the list with Mac experience be so kind as to respond to
Shay _gently_ explaining (with helpful URL's):

1. OOo & what this list is. It's obvious from the two posts that this
person has no idea what this list is and has most likely just been sent
here for support from our favourite OOo scammer.
2. Where the main OOo website is and links to documentation etc.
3. Links to the OOo Mac section.

And try to find out where he/she bought OOo from.

While I realise that some/many of us can be somewhat short with our
answers, I think it might be worth the time to through in some basic
info and try to help this person along. Obviously Shay bought OOo from
somewhere (any bets on where?) and they've done the obvious of sending
Shay along to this list for support. Perhaps if we can: 1) determine
where Shay bought the program we can file yet another complaint of sorts
to OOo asking that someone take action against this, and 2) we can
possibly _gently again_ help add another OOo user to the fray.

I have no knowledge of Mac's and OOo otherwise I'd do it myself.