> Twayne wrote:
>>
>> As others are trying to explain, Open Office is a free program and
>> should not be charged for.
>
> It's perfectly OK to charge for OpenOffice. Some people appear to
> charge for just providing a download link, which I feel is improper,
> but let
> the buyer beware applies. Others charge a reasonable amount to mail
> out
> a CD, which is a good service to people without high-speed internet
> access.
>
>>    The Open Office software is not intended to be distributed by any
>> third party unless that party is willing to take on the care and
>> support of the issues involved,
>
> Is this correct? This is the first I heard that if I give or sell
> OpenOffice to someone, then I am responsible for providing support to
> that person.

No, you are not, and I probably should have been clearer about it.
Everything is just as stated in the license agreement/s.
   The issues I thought of were more along the lines of returning moneys
if the client wasn't satisfied, returned it unopened,  shipping
problems, etc. etc.; things this group would have no way of helping with
if they wanted to.  The few "seller" sites I have checked are careful
not to mention anything about that end of things but they're actually
bound to support them or to have relevant policy covering their "hands
off" attitude after the sale.
   I came across one site about 6 months ago now, that was selling a CD
with Open Office Suite for $55 and i thought that was a tad too far off
the track so I took it up with his ISP.  That site no longer exists, at
least AFAIK; he could have just set up a new domain and gone back to
doing business as usualy, but at least I created one minor hiccup for
him and I'd do it again if I came across it.  But, OTOH you gotta be
careful too; I also found a site some time ago that seemed to be charing
$20, but they were actually adding some value added components and
templates, things like that, that possibly could have been useful.  So
you do have to be careful before taking anyone to task, just in case
they're legit.

Woof!  Sorry!  Started to write a book after all!  My meds are cutting
in<g>.

Cheers,

Twayne