On 09/02/2008 03:25 AM, M Henri Day wrote:
> 2008/9/2 NoOp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> On 08/29/2008 08:24 AM, Dan Lewis wrote:
>> >     I have searched help for Installation instructions. I have a 64 bit
>> > computer on which I have installed the 64 bit version of Ubuntu 8.04. I
>> have
>> > used Synaptic Package manager to completely remove the Debian version of
>> > OOo. But when I use dpkg -i *.deb, I get the error message about the deb
>> > files are i386 and not 64 bit files. What do I do?
>> >     Please CC me as I am not subscribed to this list at the present time.
>> >
>> > Dan
>> >

>> Two points:
>>
>> 1. You don't need to unintall your Ubuntu OOo version to install the
>> beta. Reinstall it either via Synaptic or from a terminal:
>>
>> sudo apt-get install --reinstall openoffice.org
>>
>> 2. If you look at: http://download.openoffice.org/3.0beta/ you will find
>> a 64bit deb. Download and install that instead of the 32bit that you
>> downloaded.
>>
>> 3. Subscribe to this list. If you don't wish to be inundated by emails,
>> then use the gmane nntp server - details for the subscribe info is in my
>> sig.
>>
>> --
>> You have been cc'd on this post as you have posted to an open OOo
>> users@openoffice.org
>

> NoOp, when I attempted to download the 64-bit deb via the link you provide
> above, I received the following message :
>
> The download you have chosen could not be initiated automatically.
> Please visit the download overview<http://download.openoffice.org/other.html>
> .
>
> For the adventurous there is a
> form<http://openoffice.bouncer.osuosl.org/download-form.php>provided
> with no guarantee that any of the listed versions is available.
>
> The download overview does not, however, provide links to OOo 3 versions.
> Being fairly adventurous, I clicked on the second of the two links, which
> led to «Bouncer v2.0», but alas, the latest build, BEB300_m3, is not
> available there. The closest I come is version OOo-Dev-BEA300_m2. The
> version of OOo 3 presently installed on my box is 3.0.0-18 ; have I anything
> to gain by attempting to install OOo-Dev-BEA300_m2 ?...
>
> Henri

Bouncer is... well, sometimes 'bouncy'. Instead try m4:
http://download.openoffice.org/680/?intcmp=1461
On a mirror close to you, you'll be looking for:
OOo-Dev_OOO300_m4_LinuxX86-64_install_en-US_deb.tar.gz
(example:
ftp://openoffice.cs.utah.edu/pub/openoffice/extended/developer/OOO300_m4/)

Changes are listed here:
http://development.openoffice.org/releases/ooo3.0.m4_snapshot.html