On 09/02/2008 02:58 PM, M Henri Day wrote:
> 2008/9/2 NoOp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> On 09/02/2008 03:25 AM, M Henri Day wrote:
>>

> <snip>
>

>> > NoOp, when I attempted to download the 64-bit deb via the link you
>> provide
>> > above, I received the following message :
>> >
>> > The download you have chosen could not be initiated automatically.
>> > Please visit the download overview<
>> http://download.openoffice.org/other.html>
>> > .
>> >
>> > For the adventurous there is a
>> > form<http://openoffice.bouncer.osuosl.org/download-form.php>provided
>> > with no guarantee that any of the listed versions is available.
>> >
>> > The download overview does not, however, provide links to OOo 3 versions.
>> > Being fairly adventurous, I clicked on the second of the two links, which
>> > led to «Bouncer v2.0», but alas, the latest build, BEB300_m3, is not
>> > available there. The closest I come is version OOo-Dev-BEA300_m2. The
>> > version of OOo 3 presently installed on my box is 3.0.0-18 ; have I
>> anything
>> > to gain by attempting to install OOo-Dev-BEA300_m2 ?...
>> >
>> > Henri
>>
>> Bouncer is... well, sometimes 'bouncy'. Instead try m4:
>> http://download.openoffice.org/680/?intcmp=1461
>> On a mirror close to you, you'll be looking for:
>> OOo-Dev_OOO300_m4_LinuxX86-64_install_en-US_deb.tar.gz
>> (example:
>> ftp://openoffice.cs.utah.edu/pub/openoffice/extended/developer/OOO300_m4/)
>>
>> Changes are listed here:
>> http://development.openoffice.org/releases/ooo3.0.m4_snapshot.html
>

> Well, NoOp, I managed to download the package from the ftp server at the
> University of Tübingen in Braunschweig (beloved of liver-sausage fans) and
> extracted the package to my home folder. But when I open it I see a couple
> of read-mes, licenses, an update, plus a debs package folder containing 47 -
> I counted'em - subfolders ! Where do I go from here ?...
>
> Henri

Henri,

1. Remove any of the previous OOO files from your earlier beta using
synaptic. Search on ooo (not openoffice.org) and can you'll get files
for ooobasis, ooo-dev3, etc., and completely uninstall. For some reason
the dev install always gives ooo-dev3-dict errors if not fully
uninstalled. Note: do not uninstall your standard Ubuntu or OOo 2.4.1
files, nor the ~/.ooo-dev3 folder, only the previous beta/dev files.

2. From a terminal: cd to the DEBS folder is where all 47 of those .debs
are located. Then from within that DEBS folder issue:

sudo dpkg -i *.deb

That will install the deb files. If you previously had a Applications
menu link to the former OOo3beta file it still should work. If not, you
will find the program in: /opt/ooo-dev3/program/soffice