M Henri Day wrote:

> 1.4.7, has not been changed in the meantime. If you or any SCIM users in OOo
> have any ideas as to what might be happening here, I should be grateful to
> hear them - in the event they work for me they would probably do so for Lisi
> in Kubuntu as well....
>
> Henri

hmm .. this problem is not going away, eh? Let us begin.

1. What is the output of the following command:
$> dpkg -l *scim* | grep ^i

2. And for this one:
$> cat ~/.scim/global

3. And for this too:
$> cat /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim

5. And finally for this:
$> dpkg -l *openoffice* | grep ^i

4. Do you actually see the keyboard input method that you are looking
for as a choice when you click on the scim icon on your system tray?

The responses to the above queries might give some indication what is
going wrong where.

Regards.